Writers Block Production, LLC

Saturday, January 28, 2017



Johnny Gill released his fifth album, Let's Get the Mood Right, only a few months after he participated in the New Edition reunion. In other words, it was timed to cash in on the group's massive comeback success. If he had delivered a dud, such crass commercial planning would have been in poor taste, but it's his strongest album in years, thanks to an excellent selection of songs and a stellar cast of producers, including Babyface, Tony Rich, and Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. Gill shines at smooth soul like the title track, but what is remarkable about the album is how comfortable he sounds with the uptempo, albeit low-key, dance numbers. It's his best, most consistent album since Johnny Gill.

It was Johnny Gill's soulful vocals that attracted me to his music.  While writing my novel Romance Of A Lifetime,  several songs from his CD's forced me to do some soul searching that took me on a  memorable journey of my own. 

Music and writing are expressions from the heart when sculpting the right masterpiece for a story.

Download music from Johnny Gill and more amazing artist that helped me to tell my stories, @writersblockproduction.com


No comments:

Post a Comment